Resources for Buyers
Things to Consider Before Buying a Home
- Check Your Credit – Your credit is crucial when applying for a loan; the better your score, the lower your interest rates will be. Be sure to check all three major credit reporting companies: Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion as the information in each report may vary slightly. Make sure you make copies of your credit report as well, and check your score well in advance of applying for loans.
- Find a Lender and Get Approved – Most people need to take out a loan when buying a home, and you’ll want to be prepared to make an offer when you find that perfect home. It’s important to be sure that you’re approved for a loan before you start looking at homes so you don’t miss out on any opportunities. If you need help finding a lender, we can connect you with one of the best.
- Price Range – Calculate what’s realistic for you before considering different areas to live in to be sure things stay within your budget. Once you know your range, we can help you make the most out of your money.
- Research – Finding the right home can be time-consuming, I’ll ask a million questions before we start looking, so that I can provide you with choices that are pertinent, and not waste time on houses that don’t meet your needs. In the meantime, you might want to ask yourself some of the following questions. Is the school district important to you? How many bed and bathrooms do you need? Do you prefer a newer or older styled home? What are your “must-haves?”
- Making an Offer – Once we find that perfect home, you’ll have a grace period to have the house professionally inspected and request repairs or counter offer if the situation arises. Once this step is complete, we will verify the terms and conditions of your loan, and assist you in signing your papers. I’m here to assist you with any questions you may have during the process.
- Moving Time! – Now that you’ve found your perfect home it’s time to make moving arrangements. If you plan on utilizing a professional moving company, we can recommend reputable, local movers. Don’t forget to fill out your change of address forms and inform the utility company of your move!